If you're lucky enough to have a yard with a good topsoil base, much of the hard work of keeping a yard stunning is already provided for you. But a number of us do not have this high-end, and besides, even with an excellent topsoil base, you still need to strive to keep a lovely yard and garden.
1. The best time to mow a yard is when it is cool and dry. Late afternoon or early night following a watering in the early morning is likewise a good time.
2. A hedge is a far better limit divider than a fence. It will provide better privacy and keep family pets and kids in-- or out. In addition, it will draw in birds to its shelter and give an excellent backdrop for flowers and plants.
3. Bring the appeal of your garden to you; plant hyacinths near sidewalks and doors. Their stunning fragrance will swamp the spring air and make your garden actually come alive.
4. Add your garden to non-garden items, such as lampposts and mailboxes. Surround these items with flowers planted to benefit from the earliest to the latest bloomings. For example, you could have white snowdrops, purple and gold crocus, blue hyacinths, and various colored tulips. You might likewise surround the posts with rocks to offer additional interest.
5. Basic but reliable weed control can be achieved in your yard by often cutting during spring. This will avoid dandelions spreading out by removing the yellow blooms and preventing seed formation. Cut high during late spring and early summer. This will enable yard blades to shade the ground and will assist avoid crabgrass from sprouting.
Your yard and garden should provide pride and beauty. You don't require to invest lots of cash on costly fertilizers and herbicides or elegant yard furnishings and accessories. Instead, a little commonsense and thought can go a long way to making your lawn and garden a much better location.